Friday, December 3, 2010

LeBron Outcome

I guess it's kind of ironic or hypocritical that I'm so sick of hearing about the Heat/Cavs/LeBron, yet I continue to talk about it. Well, just wanted to let you all in on a little something...

Since I'm in Grad School/Unemployed/kind of nerdy for sports/a loser, I'm usually not extremely busy from 10am-1pm during any day. Strangely enough, this is precisely the time that my good ole buddy, Colin Cowherd is on ESPNU talking about sports. I usually check in daily to see if he's talking about something I'm interested in and if he is, I'll continue watching. And if he's not, I'll probably continue watching. It's still better than The Price is Right.

Yesterday, or Today, or whatever, Colin was talking about LeBron, and he asked people to email what they WANTED to happen in the game, and what they THOUGHT would happen yesterday, or today, or whatever. He said, he would give the person with the closest prediction a "real nice package," and since I enjoy real nice packages and am in Grad School/Unemployed/kind of nerdy for sports/a loser, I decided to take the time to voice my opinion. I guess I'll just copy/paste my exact email for you folks:

"I want LeBron to score 30 and the Heat to win by double digits.

I think LeBron will score 38 and the Heat will win by 15. I think the crowd will affect LeBron, but it will also affect the Cavs players. LeBron will shoot poorly, and decide to take it to the rack every time. LeBron won't let himself have a game that will allow the Cav fans to say, "we don't even miss you, LeBron." I think LeBron will do everything tonight."

I don't know if any of y'all kept track, but LeBron did score exactly 38 points last night. I'm guessing someone else probably emailed Colin and also predicted 38 points, but suggested a point total that ended up being closer than my 15 (Heat won by 28), so I doubt I'll win. I sure hope I win though, it would be my 4th appearance on the show either via having my email read and name mentioned, or literally being in the background of the shot when on location. So, if you tune into The Herd tomorrow and hear, Big Time Hammer Time mentioned, you better believe they're talking about me.

Even if I don't win, sometimes as a Grad Student/Unemployed/kind of nerdy for sports/loser, you just have to find reasons to brag about yourself every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Update: Colin selected a person who predicted LeBron would score 39 points as the winner. It's mildly disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

silly quips here please