Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NFL Week 6 Predictions are here... look down

OKAY OKAY OKAY.  How did I do predicting week 5?

Aye, Aye, Aye, I did not do too well.  
Against the spread I picked 6 games correctly, I selected 8 winners and I was right on the O/U 7 times.  Basically, a monkey could have done just as well as I did last Sunday/Monday.  

I guess it's time for me to get back on the horse.
WEEK 6 Predictions.  Find the nearest bookie and bet everything you have on what I predict.  I have never been wrong.  Don't look up...

CHIEFS @ Washington (-6) under 37.5
I like the Chiefs to win this one on the road.  The Chiefs took the declining Cowboys to overtime before losing and the Redskins (Can I say that?) are terrible.  The Redskins defeated Tampa Bay and St. Louis (9-7) and manage to give the Lions its first win since Barry Sanders retired.  Check my facts on that but I think it's accurate.  

Houston @ BENGALS (-4.5) under 45
I've never wanted to get a pick wrong more in my life.  

Browns @ STEELERS (-14) under 3
I correctly picked the Browns to win last Sunday but I definitely wouldn't have picked them if I'd known they were only going to complete 2 passes.  This one's gonna be painful.

RAVENS @ Vikings (-3) over 43.5
Early this year I was hating Bretty Favre because I thought the Vikings made a huge mistake because I felt that Sage Rosenfels was qualified to hand the ball to Adrian Peterson.  Brett has been doing more than that and I've been wrong about him so far however, the Ravens are 3-2 and getting to that area of desperation.  I think they take that and use it to beat the Vikings. 

RAMS @ Jags (-9.5) under 42.5
The Rams lost to Seattle by 28 while the Jags lost by 41, clearly this means the Rams will win.  I don't know if it's actually that obvious but I'm gonna go ahead and pick the Rams because they have Steven Jackson who is supposed to be good and I don't know if MJD has done a lot for the Jags this year.  Rams are +400 straight up... I'm just sayin'.  If you're not gonna bet on this game, don't watch it... maybe take the time to learn how to knit or something.  

GIANTS @ Saints (-3) over 47
My two fantasy QB's playing each other, I'll be watching this one.  I like the Giants, I don't know why they have won so frequently on the road the past couple of years but I think there is definitely something to it.  I like Eli (and Drew Brees) in this game to come up big as he normally does in marquee games.  I think the X factor in this game are the defenses.  When it comes down to it, the G men have a better D so I think they win this one.  

PANTHERS (-3) @ Buccs under 40
Does anybody else feel like there are a handful of great teams in the NFL, 15 decent teams and 10 teams who, up until a week prior to the season thought a football was a distant relative of a pineapple.  Football's are not edible, I know from experience dude and I'm tired of having four unwatchable games every week because both teams in the match are terrible.  

Lions @ PACKERS (-13) under 48
Detroit is not nearly as bad as they were, know that.  In my opinion they are the best 1 win team in the league.  They still aren't good enough to cover 13 on the road against the Pack.

EAGLES (-14) @ Raiders over 40.5
I'd take the EAGLES -21, the raiders are pretty terrible and since Jamarcus Russell is a former number 1 overall, they aren't going to put anyone else at QB.  

ARIZONA @ Seattle (-3) over 47
After the Seahawks put that beat down on the Jags last Sunday it might be tempting to pick them to win against the cards... for somebody else, not for me.  Once again, the Cards have too much offense for Seattle to keep up.  

Bills @ JETS (-9.5) UNDER 38
Did anybody watch the Browns/Bills???  That was painful.  I don't see the Bills losing by single digits.  I think they should get rid of TO... might as well try to get something for him.

Titans @ PATRIOTS (-9.5) OVER 43.5
I feel like the Patriots are playing more Patrioty lately (besides losing to a guy who was helping run practices for the past 8 years)  and yes, Patrioty is a word.  The Titans aren't very good and they are on the road... Another game decided by double digits this week.  jeez.

Bears @ FALCONS (-3) OVER 46
The Falcons made the 9ers their bitch last Sunday.  This is definitely my second favorite game of the week.  Just how for real is Jay Cutler?  Really for real, or just a little for real?  This is how professional writers talk.  I like the Falcons to ride that momentum and take this one.  

BRONCOS @ Chargers (-3.5) over 44
I guess I have to start taking the Broncos seriously.  I honestly am sort of surprised this spread isn't 6 because the chargers are only as good as LT and LT is done.  

I would like to dedicate these week 6 predictions to Fuji, the only person who reads it.  
I'm also dedicating this to Michael Bolton because I'm a fan.  

 

3 comments:

silly quips here please