Thursday, October 1, 2009

NFL Week 4 Predictions/nerd


There were 15 football contests last week.  I was able to pick 10 winners correctly, 9 against the spread and I selected to correct O/U 8 times.      

Roll out the barrel here are the week 4 predictions 

RAIDERS @ Texans (-9) Under 42
I like the Texans to win this one.  Russell has 378 yards passing and 1 TD in the first 3 weeks of the season.  Last time I checked it's 2009, not 1947.  Need more passing, also I'd go for some more cowbell.  

Titans (-3) @ JAGUARS over 41.5
MJD had a big week in week 3.  I like him to continue that against the Titans, even though they are supposed to have a good defense.  I think the Titans will pack it in for the season and just settle for going 0-4 on the road.  

RAVENS @ Patriots (-1.5) under 44.5
This is bar far the best 1:00 game this week.  If you've consistently read my blogs you'll know I'm not sold on Brady being back.  He did get in sync with Randy Moss last week but still needs work with Joey Galloway.  Right now I think the ravens have the better defense and the offenses are pretty even, so that means the Ravens should win, right?

GIANTS (-9) @ Chiefs under 42
Matt Cassell had 90 yards passing last week and LJ is pretty old (at least by NFL RB standards, he's still a young whippersnapper by grandma standards).  The Giants have looked pretty solid this year and Eli Manning is putting up big numbers.  I have no problem picking them to win this one by 10.

BUCCS @ Redskins (-7) under 37
This is probably the least intriguing game of the week.  These two teams SUCK.  Don't put down your half gallon for a second to watch this game.  Jason Campbell threw for 340 yards last week and the redskins scored a total of 14 points.  That doesn't really add up, to me at least.  Redskins win a close, boring one.  

BENGALS (-5.5) @ Browns under 38
Have you seen the Browns in the first three weeks?  Have you ever seen a professional team look this terrible at ever aspect of the game?  The answers are yes and no, respectively.  Do yourself a favor and put your life savings on the Bengals to cover this shit.  Braylon is projected to have 142 fantasy points.

LIONS @ Bears (-10) over 39
I really don't think the Lions have looked all that bad this year.  You could definitely argue that no team will progress as much throughout the season as the Lions since they have a rookie at QB.  I like this game to be close as sort of a let down to the Bears after two fourth quarter comeback wins.  I think the Bears will win it late at home.

Jets @ SAINTS (-7) over 45
This would be a very impressive win for Sanchez... but he's not gonna get it!  HEY YO!!  Eat that pretty boy.  Saints win by double digits.  

Bills (-2) @ DOLPHINS over 37  
The bills looked pretty shitttttttttay last week and I think the Dolphins running attack will help them over a team who doesn't really have a ton of offense going right now.  Hopefully the Dolphins won't have to use chad henne too much.

Rams @ 49ERS (-9.5) under 37.5
The Rams are terrible and the 9ers are pretty good.  They disappointed me a bit against the Vikings last Sunday but they basically won, besides the whole points thing.  They win big this week boooooooooooooys.  

COWBOYS (-3) @ Broncos over 42.5
Look at the Broncos next five games.  They'll probably be 3-5 after starting out 3-0.  So, according to simple addition that means they'll lose this week.  Hey, I don't make the rules.  

Chargers @ STEELERS (-6.5) over 42
W/O Troy P I don't think the Steelers are really that good.  They quickly become a team that isn't really great at anything.  I do think they'll win but if the Chargers can get a cheap score, look out.

Packers @ VIKINGS (-3.5) under 45.5
I like the Vikings secondary and their Adrian Peterson to get this win.  Also, I'm not sure about A Rod in big games and this is a biggie on Monday night.  

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OK NOW LADIEZ

HERE ARE MY NERD PREDICTIONS 

Team-an v GrapeSmugglers
Wes has a quarterback advantage because Nate's QB's are playing each other in one of the weeks most boring games.  
Nate has a  WR advantage basically because Wes has a WR on a bye and really no one to replace him.  
I give Wes the RB edge because I'm not sure about Marion Barber or Marshawn Lynch coming back from injury and suspension.
I'll give gravedigger has a slight TE advantage because that TB v Washington game will be even more boring than the QB matchup.
Overall, I think Nate's gonna take it down this week and by take it down, I mean win.

Velvet Merey v Rons Team
I'll give A.Jay the QB edge simply because Ron has one on a buy this week.
I also like A.Jay WR because I feel like they will all be in shootouts this week.  They may produce a little extra this week.  
Ronaldino has adrian peterson, I think.
I like Jason Witten to beat Owen Daniels.  Good Job A.Jay!
I like Ron to win the W/R position because I've never heard of whoever the hell A.Jay has.
I think Ron will pull this one out.  Adrian needs to have a big game if the purples want to beat the greens on Monday night.

Walk the Dinosaur v Carson Chad Cedric
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
currently Greg's defense is projected to get 0 points because it is their buy week.  I checked to see who his backup defense is...  it's the Browns. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  
You lose just because of that, Craig.

Peter North Stars v Ochenta y Cinco
I've made no bones about it, Dauber has my favorite team name in the league.  However, his QB situation this week is funnier than Craig's (Stukenbaaak) Defense situation.  I don't think you can overcome a goose egg at two positions so Andrew takes this down to China Town.  

Tico's Club v Who's Gonna be 2nd
I'm already gonna go against my own logic.  
I'm gonna give Travis a QB advantace because Trents are both on their buy week.  
Trent should have a huge week from his WR because they are 1) Andre Johnson and 2) involved in what should be shootout games.  
Trent has a RB advantage because one is playing the Browns.
TE is a wash and W/R is an advantage for Trent.
Trent is going to overcome not having a QB and win in a fantasy football miracle. 

'96 Bulls v NFL Guru
I give Mitch the QB advantage because he has sweet fantasy QBs
I also give Mitch the WR edge because Justin's WR aren't on very good teams.
Justin has a RB advantage because Mitch has a Browns RB.
I'm gonna give Justin the TE advantage because Mitch is gonna be on his second string TE
Justin has a real nice W/R position in Glen Coffee who may not split time with anyone.  
If Mitch can get more than the 13 points his RB are projected he may win but I like Justin to take this one to the hizzy.  

Madison Hedgecocks v Scrap Iron
I'm a total badass so I'm going to win easily boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys.
But seriously, Drew Brees probably isn't going to get me 30 points.  Santonio only had 1 catch last week and my RB aren't very good.  Jake will probably win this handily.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

silly quips here please