Tuesday, October 6, 2009

week 5


Last week I picked 8 games right against the spread.  I correctly picked 11 teams to win and I was able to select the correct O/U in 8 games.  This was out of a total of the 13 games I picked.  I forgot to pick to colts game but I'm sure I would have gotten it right.  

Man, 11 out of 13 games... that's pretty good for a league that supposedly has amazing parody.  I'm a beast.  

This week the NFL has some pretty terrible games.  Picking against the spreads will be the real challenge... but it always is, that's why there are spreads.  

okie silly dokie yo, I'm an idiot!

NFL week 5

Cowboys (-8.5) @ CHIEFS under 42.5
I feel like the Cowboys have been declining season by season the past couple years and within this season they are declining week by week.  I think they will win this game because they have better talent.  I have a feeling it is going to be close though, Chiefs cover the 8.5.

REDSKINS @ Carolina (-3.5) under 37.5
This may be one of the most even games of the week.  Carolina probably is going to have the better rushing attack but Washington has been getting Santana Moss more involved in the past couple weeks.  I'm gonna take a road dog to win this game.  Carolina still winless.  

Buccs @ EAGLES (-15) Under 42.5
After the Browns almost beat the Bengals I'm just about ready to say that the Buccs are the worst team in the NFL.  The Buccs are the worst team in the NFL.  There, I DID say it.  I like the Eagles and Donovan to win this one in a snoozer.  

RAIDERS @ Giants (-15) over 39
It's tough for me to say the Giants will cover 15 points when their starting QB is going to have when trying to use his plant foot on his throws.  Whatever is wrong Eli's heel is not good.  I still think the Giants win but the RAIDERS cover.

Bengals @ RAVENS (-8.5) over 42
The Ravens have had an outstanding defense for years now but look out for their offense.  That also means look out for the Ravens.  I believe they have separated themselves from the rest of the AFC North this year and they continue that trend against the Bengals.  

Vikings (-10) @ RAMS under 41
I like the Vikings to win here but perhaps a little bit of a letdown on the road after a huge emotional win on Monday night.  Rams cover but lose.  

BROWNS @ Bills (-6) over 40.5
The Browns lost last week but they managed to look like they were at least playing in the right league.  Definitely a tough loss for the Browns but they can take some positives away from it.  Buffalo has gotten waxed their past two games and the Browns finally have a glimmer of hope last week.  I like the Browns to win this one on the road.  

STEELERS (-10.5) @ Lions under 44
Steelers blow out a team they should blow out with a rookie QB.

Falcons @ 49ERS (-2.5) over 40.5
This is probably my favorite game of the week, apart from the huge matchup in Buffalo.  It has one of the lowest spreads this week but I expect the 49ers to win this one by about ten.  I think Glen Coffee has a real nice game to propel the 9ers over the Falcons.  

Texans @ CARDINALS (-5.5) UNDER 50.5
I think the Texans are like the Cardinals little brother.  They have a pretty decent quarterback and they may have the best WR in the NFL.  Unfortunately for the Texans the Cards have 3 really good WR and an even better QB.  I like the Cards to win this one but this could end up being a very exciting game if you like offense (who doesn't).

PATRIOTS (-3) @ Broncos under 41
I think Tom Brady is beginning to hit his stride and I'm not convinced the broncos are for real.  They have a nice opportunity to change my mind this weekend, however, I think the Broncos lose by more than 3.

COLTS (-3.5) @ Titans under 45.5
I think the Titans are done and the colts are just too good to have a let down this week.  Besides, it makes it really hard to have a letdown when Peyton is your quarterback.  

Jets (-2) @ DOLPHINS over 36.5
I like the Dolphins to win this one at home on Monday night.  Sanchez got his first loss last week and I think this could rattle his game a bit and we might see a little regression in his play.  If the Dolphins can control the ball like they have been able to do a lot this season, I like them to win this game.  


1 comment:

  1. Hamstown... I like some of these picks... think I'm gonna make me some coins on em... no pressure

    Fujman

    ReplyDelete

silly quips here please